L. J. Goody Bioehtics Centre
Current Issues
Advance Health Directives
If you are worried that you might become unable to make medical decisions for yourself - for example, if you are rendered unconscious, or have an accident, or suffer from dementia - you can now make an Advance Health Directive (AHD) and/or appoint someone to hold Enduring Power of Guardianship (EPG). Prior to all of this you should consider formulating an Advance Care Plan (ACP). This page contains information on AHDs and EPGs operative in the State of Western Australia, and provides a direct link to download the WA statutory forms. It also contains a sample ACP which you may find helpful, and offers links to related sites including documents from the Australian Catholic Bishops and Catholic Health Australia.